The date function of the watches is located at three o'clock and with a magnifying glass placed on the watch glass, you can easily read the date. In order to read the time even in the dark, elements of the watch, such as hands and indices are covered with SuperLuminova. This special luminous material makes the watch shine at night. State-of-the-art technology is used to coat the watches in black. Whether you are in the depths of the oceans or outside at night, the black diving watches from GIGANDET will provide the right look and will always have a timeless and noble design.
What is a diver's watch?
According to DIN standard 8306, a diver's watch is characterized by special water resistance. The water resistance must be at least 20 bar or more. Here, a ten-meter water column corresponds to a pressure of 1 bar. For each additional ten meters, 1 bar is added. A diver's watch must also be easy to read under water. A high contrast on the dial and the luminous material on the hands and dial play a decisive role here. It must be possible to set the time period via a rotating bezel so that the diving time can be measured. For optimal readability, the bezel should also have a luminous point.
What should I look for in a diving watch?
- Good readability should be guaranteed
- The watch should have anti-reflective glass to avoid reflections under water
- The material used should be resistant to salt water
- After each dive the watch should be rinsed with fresh water
- A screw down crown and case back are essential to prevent water from entering the watch.
- The diving ring should only be able to be turned against the watch hand, so that incorrect diving times cannot occur during diving.
- The metal bracelet should have a safety clasp including dive extension